Version 1 - Last revised on December 6, 2017
BlockAble Inc (“BlockAble”, “us”, and “we”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We operate the BlockAble website at blockable.co and block-able.com (“BlockAble Site”). Collectively, the foregoing websites and any other websites, programs, and services owned or controlled by BlockAble that link to this Agreement are referred to as the “Site.”
What You Consent to by Using Our Services
For Users Outside of the United States: Please be advised that, by using our Services, you are consenting to the transfer and processing of your Personal Data across international borders. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may differ from the laws in your country, including lawful requirements to disclose Personal Data to government authorities.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Provide Services to You. Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in some of the following ways:
to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
to identify you as a user in our system;
to optimize or improve our Services and products;
to provide the Services and products you request;
to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- Statistical and Service Analysis. We perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of your use of our Services, and subscribing and purchasing patterns, so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We may also create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you, so that we can perform additional analysis of request and usage patterns. BlockAble reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Relevant Advertising. We may use (or permit third parties to use) activity, demographic and preference information to identify products and services, including our Services, that are most relevant to you, for purposes of facilitating the display of targeted advertising. This means you may see advertising within our Service or on other websites that you visit that is most likely to interest you, improving both your experience and the effectiveness of the ads (if permitted by local law) and choices and controls that may be available to you; including newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, offerings of our business partners, and for other marketing purposes of BlockAble.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
- Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers that are in the United States and in other countries where such service providers assist in providing the Services or part of the Services. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by BlockAble. We also may share or disclose your Personal Data with our current and future business partners, including but not limited to our event sponsors, so that we or our business partners can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
External Links and Social Networking Sites
Questions for Us
ADDRESS: #201-1517 Water Street, Kelowna, BC V1Y 1J8 Canada
Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by directly or indirectly, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
When you create a user account (“Account”) to access certain features of the Services, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your username, e-mail and password. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. We may ask that you create an Account for each applicable Site. You may also login using a social networking site account as described below.
When you apply for our educational programs, access information about the programs for which you are registered through our Services, or join our Community Directory, we or our third party service providers will collect additional Personal Data from you, which may include, without limitation, your first and last name, gender, profile picture, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, confirmation of the age of majority, country of citizenship, country of residence, professional title, company name, professional interests and your web presence (for example, your website, LinkedIn address, Twitter feed address).
When you register for paid services through any Site, we or our third party service providers will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. When you create social networking accounts and participate in public forums on our Services, or use our applications on third-party platforms such as social networking sites, we may collect user-generated content you elect to share, including Personal Data, status updates, pictures, digital files, audio and video recordings that you upload.
If you make available certain information, files, or messages through the Services, we will collect and retain that information and may associate that information with your Account.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
When you post messages on the message boards of our Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you when you use our Services, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
We may use third party services for delivering content or advertisements on the Services, such as Amazon, NetShelter and Google services. We may also use third party analytics services, including Google Analytics, to gather and analyze anonymous user information. Google Analytics is an analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to collect information about your use of the Services. The information generated by Google Analytics about your use of the Services will be transmitted to and stored by Google. The information collected by Google allows us to analyze your use of the Services. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and processes your data click here.
If you use our Mobile App, we may collect information about the device on which the Mobile App is installed, including for example information such as an equipment identifier (e.g., IMEI or UDID), subscriber identifier, mobile phone number, device name, type and manufacturer, operating system type and version, wireless carrier, network type, country of origin, and IP address. We may also collect location data directly from the GPS on your device if it is required to provide the needed functionality of the product or service, and use third-party service providers to translate that information into usable location information (where we are permitted by law to process this information).
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to create a user account or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child under age 13 has provided us with any Personal Data, you may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to promptly delete such information from our files and records.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
Security of Your Personal Data
BlockAble is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while BlockAble uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, BlockAble cannot guarantee its absolute security.